Friday, July 15, 2011

Trip Recap with Pictures!

I have been remiss in my posts!

Erika and I just returned from Portugal on Tuesday, a 21 hour slog via Philly that culminated in the joy of having Erika’s bag not make it onto our connecting flight, despite a 4.5 hour layover. I can only assume the TSA agent assigned to her bag had extremely small hands. In going through the photos on my phone though, I realized that I have a bunch of miscellaneous thoughts that started which I haven’t shared, so here’s some of my miscellaneous holiday thoughts:

GLASGOW:

Safety
This was the “window” in our hotel room:


If you walked up, you could literally just step out onto the roof (see below). A recurring theme when you go to Europe is “Your safety, Your problem”. I am a fan of this. If you fall off a ledge because there wasn’t a rail, well, you decided to walk out there in the first place right?


Food
I was actually quite impressed with the packaged food in the Glasgow airport. It had these convenient “traffic light” labels, which is coincidentally a design tool I use. No need to make things overly complex right?:


Here’s a description of what the labels meant:


I think this is a really effective way of getting across the relative healthiness of things in a simple manner. It certainly affected my choice. And the package opened really simply as well, just peeling aside so that it was almost all a recyclable cardboard instead of being predominantly plastic:


I know you’re all thinking “Well how did it taste?” Um… it tasted like a low-fat sandwich packaged in cardboard. So there’s that.

PORTUGAL:

Sagres
I already mentioned this, but we biked out to Sagres and were surprised how close we were able to bike to the cliff’s edge:


Food
I like food in pots:


Especially when they look like this on your plate (monkfish, potato, and shrimp):


The end
All good things coming to an end, as this is our last night in Lisbon:


THE TRIP HOME:

Two final images. For some reason our plane was billowing clouds of something, which is, um… weird



And finally, it’s so good to get home. Or as close as US Airways will let you:

No comments:

Post a Comment